Monday, November 20, 2006

Today's quote: Nov. 20, 2006

"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe, to know what he ought to desire, and to know what he ought to do."

St. Thomas Aquinas "De duobus praeceptis caritatis"



No I can't give a translated source because I encountered this in a wonderful little book by Josef Pieper who rendered the heart of St. Thomas's thought into 532 epigramatic quotations filling less than 90 pages including white space. The book is called "The Human Wisdom of St. Thomas".

I am stalled on blogging because I feel like I can't go any further without trying to summarize for myself what I learned from Murray, and I haven't had the several hours work that would take, especially when I am determined to keep things short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home